Calgary Head Office
Modern Beauty was established in Calgary, AB, in 1986. Today, we are Canada’s largest family-owned supplier with almost 40 stores across Canada. At Modern, we are the exclusive distributor of numerous product lines recognized worldwide. We are recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for our continuous expansions, progressive thinking, and our ability to accommodate our growing client base while ensuring our employees are treated like family.
We are looking for a Marketing Assistant with graphic design experience to join our fast-paced Marketing team at our Calgary Head Office location. We are seeking an individual with a positive and professional attitude, to serve as the primary contact for suppliers, and assist the marketing team with administrative duties. If you are organized, have strong written and oral communication skills, creative insight and enjoy working on a variety of projects in a team environment, this is a great opportunity for you.
Reporting to the Marketing Director, the Marketing Assistant ensures that all upcoming details and promotions are received from suppliers. This individual is the point of contact of manufacturers for all marketing related enquiries and ensuring that all promotions and advertisement space reservations are received in a timely manner. Communication is of key importance as follow-ups and deadline negotiating is necessary. This individual also ensures that all received promotional information is typed, formatted and free of error for three bi-monthly catalogues using Adobe InDesign.
Additional tasks include, but are not limited to, store merchandising material and signage using templates, flyers, posters and signage. Projects vary and require a high degree of organization, multi-tasking, and analytical decision making to ensure consistency of design and brand standards.
- Primary role will be to assist and take ownership of tasks related to the preparation of catalogues by entering and modifying data as required
- Coordinate promotions with suppliers and manufactures; act as point of contact for manufacturers for all marketing related inquiries and ensure all promotions and advertisement space reservations are received in a timely manner
- Provide support with marketing tasks and administrative duties as required
- Assist with time sensitive projects and tasks, including creation of store merchandising materials, signage, flyers and posters
- Other duties and tasks as required
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent time management skills and ability to adhere to a schedule while paying close attention to detail
- Must be reliable, responsible, and dependable to fulfill required tasks
- Must be a team player and able to follow directions in a timely manner
- Self-motivated and results driven
- Strong attention to detail, organizational, professionalism and communicational skills
- Must have reliable transportation to our Calgary Office
- Degree/diploma in Business, Marketing, Graphic Design or similar field preferred
- Proficient in various programs, specifically the Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) and Microsoft Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.) on Mac
- 1-2 years of experience in Marketing, Advertising, Administration or retail related settings
- Internship experience and previous entry level experience will be considered as working experience
If you qualify for this position, please submit your resume, cover letter, and salary expectations. We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.